Saturday, October 1, 2011

light change for loose change

Just a quickie post here ... I did this a few weeks ago, and every time I come home I'm reminded how much easier it makes my life. No more fumbling for keys in the dark (especially now that the days are getting shorter). No more agonizing about whether or not to leave the porch light on.

Because now I have a motion-sensitive light by my front door -- no rewiring required!



We found this at the hardware store for about $10 (pocket change compared to most of my other hardware store trips). It goes between the light socket and the lightbulb, and any time someone enters the front porch or opens the front door, it turns on. It goes off in about two minutes. Perfect!

The downside is that I can't use the covering that was previously on the light:



I'm still on the lookout for a replacement, but in this case, I happily traded function over form and haven't had any regrets.

1 comment: