Sunday, October 23, 2011

the big reveal...

OK, so I meant to post this on Tuesday but my internet has been down all week. Le sigh.

The good news is this: my house has a brand spankin' new roof!

Taking before and after pictures wasn't really worth it, since it looks exactly the same (luckily). But here are some of the in-between mess:








It all started last spring, with a hailstorm that led my insurance company to declaring the roof "totaled." And then a summer of back-and-forth with the roofing company. And then a long line of other roofs for them to fix. But finally, it was my turn. And two days after they arrived, waking me up at sunrise with ladders against my window, they pulled the last pile of shingles and tarps off the front lawn and I have a new roof on my house.

Ta-da. Major "someday" project = checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment