Sunday, September 11, 2011

family bridal shower


While we're on the subject of weddings... in July my mom, aunt and cousin and I threw a bridal shower for my cousin Maria. Aside from the housewarming party last summer it's the most people I think I've ever had in my house at once! And it was a great motivator for me to get the living room painted and the couch delivered by the middle of July -- I never could have hosted this many people with the old set-up.

We made it a kitchen-themed shower, and everyone brought recipes on cards that we had printed to match the invitations.


I wanted to decorate the house with fresh flowers, so I made an early morning trip to the Flower Market Annex at the Minneapolis Farmers Market. It's my favorite place to get flowers -- wholesale prices and you can pick them out yourself from a big cooler in the back. Maria's wedding colors were yellow and gray, so I got a selection of yellow flowers and white hydrangeas.



We organized a salad buffet for lunch (my mom, aunt and cousin each brought one) along with a bunch of summery appetizers and drinks. For dessert, I made a pavlova with fresh raspberries.




And of course, Maria opened presents :)


We even managed to get a photo of the entire group.

Maria and Johnny got married in August and it was beautiful. I'm so excited to have them in the neighborhood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment