Tuesday, April 6, 2010

the first holiday

It seemed appropriate to plant tomato seedlings at the house on Easter. New beginnings, right?




They'll hang out on the side porch for a few weeks until I find the right place for them in the garden.

I didn't get much painting done, thanks to some last-minute Twins game tickets, and I learned exactly how close I am to the light rail station. It won't take me more than 20 minutes to get from front door to stadium gate this summer. Pretty excited :)

But I did work on getting the kitchen ready for painting this weekend, and sampled a slightly larger section of wall (inside the built-in bookcase):



(After two coats)

And I even tackled the kitchen cabinets and drawers:



(Finished cork insert on right, original cabinet on left)

This time next year, I'm picturing a nice big ham on that kitchen island - and my family hanging out in my living room instead of way over there in California. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren - I can't wait to hear all of your home owning advice! Looks like it's really coming along! K & J

    ReplyDelete