Tuesday, July 13, 2010

the yellow room

Calling rooms by their colors always reminds me of my grandma. I don't actually know if she does this, but I have it in my mind that she does.

Regardless, I think I'll probably end up referring to the guest bedrooms by their colors. It's just too cumbersome to say "mom and dad's room" and "the other guest bedroom," not to mention explaining which one is which. Much easier to say "the yellow room" and "the blue room." Right? Right.

What I won't be saying is "the lime green room." Because that one, my friends, is no more. Along with getting rid of the polka dots last weekend, I tackled mom and dad's room. {Background: my parents live on the West Coast but my younger brother and sister both go to school here - so, they plan to visit us often, which means I let them pick out a bedroom of their own to decorate and keep their stuff in.}

Mom sent the comforter a few weeks ago, and I picked up the sheets on sale at Target. The rug used to be in their bedroom back home, but I inherited it a few years ago when I officially moved to Minnesota. I picked the wall color based on the gold in the rug and the caramel color of the wood floor:


Before:


Painting:




After:


A gallon of Behr Ultra (primer + paint in one) was just enough for two coats. And it only took about five hours from start to finish! Definitely my quickest painting project to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment