Wednesday, July 7, 2010

freedom from weeds

It was a thoroughly American Fourth of July around here, let me tell you.

Aside from the fact that I forgot to buy a flag (picture me devastated when I realized this at 3 pm).

I mean, I'm sure you're dying to hear about the sunnies I caught at the lake...


Or the firecracker shaped like a tank that we set off by the pool at my aunt and uncle's...


Or the impressive fireworks show at the park down the street.


But I know the truth. What you're really all here to read about is how I rescued my patio from the tyranny of the weeds on the day after Independence Day.

Good. Because I have pictures.

~ before ~


~ middle ~



~ after! ~

All clean and purty and ready for the family BBQ on Monday night... except that we ended up eating indoors anyway because of the rain. Oh well. Now, at least, I can say I'm winning the battle somewhere in the yard.

PS: I don't actually believe any of you care as much as I do about my patio's current lack of weeds.

You might, however, care if you come over for dinner and I make you eat out on the patio with me because I think it's a) fun, b) going to make for a good picture or c) because I haven't turned on the a/c inside. All of which are possible.

Because then you might care to not be standing up to your knees in weeds. Don't worry. I've got you covered.

Love,
LG

1 comment: