Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Twenty-four hours and twenty-five minutes!

Just 24:25 until I get the keys! The final walk-through is tonight, and the mountain of paperwork is finished. I haven't used a fax machine this much in years. So, I'm starting this blog to keep friends and family posted on my adventures in home ownership.

Most of you know that I've been busy collecting things for the new house via Freecycle Minneapolis for a few weeks now. My goal is to get the majority of must-have items (like tools, gardening stuff, paint and furniture) for free or on sale this spring, and work on finishing the rest of the decorating throughout the summer and fall. I'll be posting photos of my best finds, and my tips for freecycling and sale-shopping, as I go.

For now, I'm concentrating on the workday and getting ready to celebrate. Tomorrow, the paint chips come out in full force!

Cheers,
LG

1 comment:

  1. or free things from your parents...but who is telling?

    ReplyDelete