Tuesday, March 30, 2010

day five

If the house wasn't really, totally and completely mine based on the thousand times I signed my name last week, it really is mine now: they took down the "For Sale/Sold" sign!

Now there's just a little mound of earth. Kind of like a bald head that still has a tuft of hair at the top... maybe I'll get a photo of it next time I'm there.

Today I tested the "small projects in small chunks of time" theory (since this working gal unfortunately can't devote every waking moment to sanding, priming, painting and staining). I picked up paint at Menard's over lunch, and swung by the house on my way to a meeting after work to do some swatch tests.



I wanted to get the red on the walls in a few places so I can decide if I need to prime the walls this weekend. The guy at Menards didn't think I would have to, since I'm using paint with a red (rather than a neutral) base.

Not to mention that I'm crazy impatient to see this red on the walls.



The swatch was much darker than the mixed paint, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it dries.



For now, I have patches of paint on three walls. Maybe I can sneak over there one morning before work and see how it looks in the early morning light, since usually I see the house in the late afternoon.



And in case any of you weren't sure what I meant the other day about the lamp in the dining room... well, here's a better view (look for the tiny red swatch through the doorway on the left):



So, anyone want to help me paint this Saturday and next? I'll buy beer and pizza :)

LG

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, It's super exciting to read about all your home ownership adventures so far! I've really gotten back into my love of interior design and am basically addicted to HGTV. The house looks adorable, so I can't wait to see how it looks when you're all moved in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is random, but is that beer good?

    ReplyDelete