Saturday, July 6, 2013

furniture update: the yellow room

I know it's been a while since I've shown you room updates -- in the summer, most of my attention goes to the garden. But I have some projects in process, and one of them recently reached a milestone.

After three years of no bedside stands, then cool but not-quite-right bedside stands, in the yellow room ... we have a winner!



I found these beauties at Cost Plus World Market, which recently re-opened a store in the Twin Cities. (Conveniently, one freeway exit from my office. My wallet has not been pleased. You'll see more CPWM soon.)

The space between the bed and the wall is about 12" at the pillow level, but only about 10" down at the floor level due to the baseboard and the bed frame. So that narrowed down the choices considerably.





The black legs are perfect for this room, which is a mix of woods and black accents (rug, wall artwork, candleholders, curtain rods).



To finish off the room, I'm still looking for the perfect headboard and nightstand lamps (either tabletop or wall-mount). But, making progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment