Tuesday, October 2, 2012

applefest

It's prime apple season here in Minnesota! Some college friends and I made a day of it on Saturday, driving out the Aamodt's Apple Farm in Stillwater and baking in my kitchen afterward. In the past 24 hours, the following apple-licious dishes have been cooked in my kitchen:

  • Mini apple hand pies (shared)
  • Apple pie (Meredith's)
  • Apple crisp with my mom's cobbler crust - amazing (mine now!)
  • Stewed apples with ginger, lemon, cinnamon and cardamom, in the crock-pot (all mine.)
  • Autumn chopped salads with Honeycrisps (also mine)
I learned that Haralson and Regent apples, while not as large or pink-pretty as Honeycrisps, are great for cooking and baking. Good thing, because we picked a peck of 'em at the orchard yesterday.

Now I have stewed apples and hand pies to tuck in the freezer for later.

xoxo
























No comments:

Post a Comment