Saturday, December 24, 2011

brunch for twelve and a costco christmas tree

It might be almost Christmas, but I'm still catching up from Thanksgiving-time. The highlight of which was discovering that my house can accommodate exactly twelve people, maximum, for a sit-down meal.

If momma hadn't invited half the family for Thanksgiving brunch, I never would have tried it. Seemed like a crazy idea to me. But it worked! We moved the big dining room table toward the stairs, and set up the folding table near the window. I had to move the side table out of the window nook to make room, but it came in handy as a beverage station behind the couch.










Just two days later, the main floor went through another transformation. I wasn't sure I was going to go all-out decorating for Christmas this year, since I'm sort of in and out a lot these days. But, we found a great deal on Christmas trees at Costco (8 foot pine for $30!!) so I relented and pulled out the ornaments and lights (and just a few nutcrackers).





When I left Minnesota the other day, there wasn't any snow on the ground. So it didn't make it so hard to come to California for the holiday. I sure hope there's a few inches when I get back, even if it means I have to shovel!

Merry Christmas to you all, wherever you may be.

xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment