Saturday, November 12, 2011

garden: ready for snow

This time last year, I was running around like a crazy person trying to figure out how to "get the yard ready for winter."

This year it didn't take much to convince me to hire it out. My thought process went something like this:

  1. I don't want to rake the leaves.
  2. What am I thinking, I don't have time to rake the leaves. Or mow the lawn. Or clean up the garden.
  3. You could make time if you wanted to, Lauren.
  4. No, I really couldn't -- I am traveling too much.
  5. Oh, and what's that? Another work trip to New York? Okay ...
  6. If it snows before the leaves are raked I'm going to lose all my grass to snow mold over the winter ... all the grass that didn't die in the drought this summer, that is ...
  7. What the hell is going on with my perennials? (the pictures would just have made you sad, like me)
  8. Where am I going to borrow a mulcher from this year? And an edger? Why don't I just buy a fancy lawnmower? Can't it wait until spring?
  9. This is ridiculous. I'm not dealing with this anymore. 
Best $150 I've spent all year. Thank you, Earthworm Lawn Care.



(I love the leaf line between my yard and the neighbor's!)



 
Believe you me, I took copious pictures of the way they hacked my perennials to the ground (i.e. last photo above) so that I can do it myself again next year. Probably. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment