Saturday, March 19, 2011

the first glimmer of spring

I have a backlog of posts that are waiting to be published, but this one couldn't wait.

Because guess what? The longest, hardest winter of my life is over (I'm not exaggerating - we've had over 80" here in Minneapolis). Don't get me wrong - there are as many reasons to love winter as any other season. And I'm sad to pack away the skis and boots.

Except that now I have this:

The first tulip (or crocus, or daffodil - who cares) is peeking through the soil on the south side of the house.

You know what I have to say to that?

Halle-freakin-lujah.

Mind you, there's still snow and ice on the ground:

(If you look carefully, you'll see the little pop of yellow in the lower left quadrant.)

But I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've been waiting since October for these babies to show their pretty faces.

Guess this means I get to start planning the rest of this year's garden too :)

xoxo
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment