Sunday, December 19, 2010

inspired

I get a lot of questions from friends & readers about where I find inspiration and ideas for house projects. The honest answer is that it's a full-time hobby. I've been collecting magazine pages, jotting notes and saving websites for years. It's easy to pin photos and magazine pages on a bulletin board. But what do you do with photos you find on blogs, and products you want to bookmark to buy later? There's never been a truly great way to do that.

Until now.

It's called Pinterest, and I'm officially addicted.


It's like someone threw my RSS reader, Amazon wishlist and magazine clippings in a blender. The result is so clean and crisp and fantastically useful that it's quickly replacing all my other systems. Now I have a place to collect images and ideas from all over the web. Here's a board I've started for house stuff (you'll recognize at least one item from a previous blog post):


Plus you get to see all the great things that other people are posting, and can repost them to your own boards. Pinterest keeps track of your links for you, so you don't have to worry about bookmarking or copying&pasting all those URLs anymore. (LOVE that part.)

It's still in beta, but I have a few invites left. If you want to join the fun right away, let me know and I'll shoot one your way. Otherwise you can also request an invitation here.

Anyone else out there using Pinterest? Find me! I can't wait to see your boards.

1 comment: