Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmassy kitchen

A few fall-to-winter changes to the kitchen recently:

before

after

My mom used to display these blocks at our house in Texas... we had a desk in the kitchen with cubbyholes above it, just below the landing of the stairs. I always loved helping her change them for each new holiday. She sent them to me in September, and they fit perfectly on the ledge above my stove.

before

Whoops, guess I forgot to take a before picture :) But this holder was filled with an autumn foliage assortment, courtesy of my mother, and sat on the top-most white corner shelf in October and November. For Christmas, I filled it with red glass beads and four ornaments that I picked up for free at a swap meet a few months back.



after


I also switched out the kitchen towels, and replaced my beloved Snow White and Dopey salt and pepper shaker set with an adorable snowman S&P set from my aunt. Overall...



No comments:

Post a Comment